by: Rose Smith
This Christmas, sip a new holiday cocktail that is sure to have you and your loved ones cheers-ing. Introducing Mistletoe’s Kiss! Complete with homemade rosemary syrup, this drink is simple, refreshing and downright delicious. If you don’t feel like playing bartender, you can easily double (or triple) the recipe to have a batch ready in advance!
Homemade Rosemary Syrup:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar, then continue boiling over low heat for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add rosemary to syrup.
- After 15 minutes, remove the sprig of rosemary and let the syrup cool.
- Keep syrup refrigerated.
Mistletoe’s Kiss Cocktail Recipe (2 Cocktails)
- 6 oz vodka
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz rosemary simple syrup
- Ice for shaker
- Club soda
- fresh cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 small sprigs of rosemary
- Combine vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup into a shaker filled with ice.
- Cover and shake well
- Pour mixture over ice between 2 rocks glasses, until ¾ full
- Top with club soda
- Add cranberries and sprigs of rosemary for garnish